Sep 2, 2010

The Treasure of a Child's Smile

It is such a joy to see my grandchildren smile…..their smile comes from the inside out, unlike ours (as a grownup) which often comes from the outside in….a forced smile I would say. Children cause you to smile right back at them because their smile is just soooo genuine. You see their shining face and you can’t help but smile right back.


I was also thinking about Chad’s words concerning the Light Shine children. How in their pictures, they were smiling a genuine smile….one he couldn’t have made them smile just for a picture…it was a realistic and “from the inside out” smile. One that showed true JOY !

In Job 9:27 we read
“ If I say, I will forget my complaint, I will change my expression, and smile”

First he tells us to forget our complaints…not an easy thing to do on any given day! BUT that is our instruction so it must be possible to do it!! So, we need to put our problems aside and quit complaining Then change our expression…. be of good cheer…then put on a happy face…and…Smile ! Is that the most appropriate way? The most genuine way?? Probably not…..the best way is to have the Joy of the Lord in your heart and have that joy (His Joy) come flowing out! Then I think our smiles will look more like the smile on a child’s face~sincere and radiant !

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.


Ps 144:15b
Happy are the people whose God is the Lord


Psalm 146:5
Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the LORD

 Philippians 4:8
[ Meditate on These Things ] Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Think on these things and you will have the  traceable, trustable treasure of the JOY of the Lord and a child's smile.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Patti. I think the secret is to 'BE' thankful and then we have no room for complaints.....I am thankful for YOU!

    ReplyDelete