Oct 27, 2010

“His” Smile on My Face

I was at the dentist today and he is finishing up my teeth! I had a lot of work done on them over the past year and still have more that can be done the road when I need it.  It was great when he did my lower front teeth and that did help my smile.. .  But today is the day I really have been waiting for…my front top teeth!! I wanted them done first but I guess Dr Murphy knew if I had them done first, I might have skipped the rest (smile) YES…SMILE…I can smile and not feel like covering my mouth and teeth. What a blessing!  But with that blessing comes this thought….that it really isn’t the teeth that make the smile…..the smile comes from the inside out and only the Lord is the author of such a smile.  At least I hope that is true of me! I want it to be true of me!!   
Ps 126:2 says Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy…..
and Ps 68 :3 says But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful. 
Only the Lord can make such a black heart as mine…whiter than snow and filled with laughter and sweet sounds of praise.  What a great God we serve….one that gives us dentists that  have the talent to repair a broken smile,  husbands that work it into the budget to afford a new smile, friends that don’t mind if your smile isn’t quite perfect on the outside and a loving Savior whose spirit fills our smile from the inside out… with all the fruit and gifts of the Spirit.

What a Traceable Trustable Treasure is “His” smile on my face

2 comments: