Dec 19, 2010

The Treasure of a Child's Confidence

I was thinking today about the Harford Christian School Christmas program on Friday night. About half of my grand-kids were in it and my daughter commandeered the whole thing so, it seemed very special to me. Plus I got to see Kate who just turned three and I gave her a birthday gift.


Sierra's class ( who is in K4) did a Charlie Brown Christmas and she did a very good job of standing quietly and watching Aunt Dawn and her teacher. Do you know how I knew she did good? She told me !! I said Sierra , You did a wonderful job up on stage and she smiled and said "Yes I did do a good job" She didn't have to ask anyone else what they thought or take a survey to see how many thought she did great....And her smile was proof positive that she had won the victory over the wiggles! and she was pleased that her parents were pleased. Sierra does try very hard to please her father and mother    .....because she loves them.....sounds like a good example for me to follow!!

So it should be with us as Children of the King......Our light should so shine that others may see our good works and glorify our Father in heaven...our smile should be living proof that our God reigns and that we take delight in His good pleasure. With God on our side who can stand against us??? Not even Mr Wiggles !

Ps 144:15b says "Happy are the people whose God is the Lord"......

and Ps 146:5 "Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the LORD his God."

May you have a blessed and happy Christmas ......may the Lord shine his Light on you as it shown over that stable small so many years ago

And may you have the Traceable Trustable Treasure of a child's endeavor to please ....and her LOVE for her Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment