Mar 8, 2010

Treasure the Truth

Well I guess it is about time to add to my blog again…..I haven’t written much lately, because I have been doing some thinking….thinking relative to why I was doing my blog !! Was it to encourage others ….I think so! That is good !! Was it to share what the Lord had laid on my heart….I think so! That is good too!! Was it to demonstrate my spirituality….I think so !! That is probably not so good !!  I think that is part of why I was writing then….tho’ hopefully not why I am writing today. …I pray it is not.  Because I am sure that the last reason was not pleasing to the One I am suppose to be writing this blog for and about. As a matter of fact, it is no longer too pleasing to me either! I can’t prove how spiritual I am….that has to flow from my heart and be seen by those who read my words.

Most all of my life I have lived in a Christian home, a Christian environment…with the Lord as the center of my life. I firmly believe that without Him I could do nothing and that with Him all things are possible. And I do believe that with all my heart. But I also know that at times my heart is deceitfully wicked and it blinds me to the truth of the matter. So, that is what I think has happened and why my blog has gotten stuck in the mud, so to speak! Because my focus was on who was reading my blog and what they had to say…how many followers I had and who they were. Writing my blog was a good thing but a good thing done for the wrong reasons is still sin …..Whew, that said, I feel a bit better!  I think so ! It is never easy to look at the sin in our own lives but knowing the faithfulness and forgiveness of my Lord helps a lot. He understands that we are frail and human and HE LOVES US anyway…. How can we not love a God like our God ??

You know, saying those two earlier statements brought a song to my heart and my lips! In fact it brought two…One is an older song "Without Him"
Without Him I could do nothing…Without Him I'd surely fail
Without Him I would be drifting….Like a ship without a sail
Oh Jesus, oh Jesus Do you know Him today Please don't turn Him away
Oohh, Jesus, My Jesus Without Him how lost I would be

One is a newer song by Hillsong “All Things are Possible”
Your praise is always on my lips, Your Word is living in my heart,
and I will praise You with a new song, my soul will bless You Lord.
You fill my life with greater joy, Yes I delight myself in You
And I will praise You with a new song, My soul will bless You Lord
When I am weak You make me strong… When I'm poor, I know I'm rich
For in the power of Your name ..All things are possible

So am I going to continue my blog…..I think so. I trust that I have the right attitude and a clean heart now….and also that I will be writing for all the right reasons this time . I also trust the Lord to show me when I am not writing for the right reasons…I want to bring honor and glory to Him alone. HE is such a TREASURE…a Traceable, Trustable Treasure


5 comments:

  1. Yes, please continue to write... I love reading your thoughts. We all struggle with motives sometimes- but the Lord can still help us! Nothing like a post on humility to put a pin in our balloon of pride!! I am proud of you- VERY proud.Tiff has helped me a lot with this very thing too- what a TREASURE she is! :) I so appreciate you and your transparency- a great example to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti ~ I have been there too. I stopped blogging for awhile for the same reasons....I was so affected by Sunday School and the realization that anything, absolutely anything done outside of faith is sin. I had so much "heart" work to do, allowing the Lord to 'purge' me! I was trying to blog my thoughts rather than leaning on the Lord, listening to HIM, doing it in faith. I am not 'there' yet and hope to always admit it! Thanks for you honesty! Love you, sister-in-love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouraging words....and prayers.
    I have found a TREASURE at our church in all the young moms.(are you still considered that?)Each and every one of you has grown leaps and bounds in the Lord and rely so deeply on Him...and I appreciate you all very much. And Sherry, I love the insights in your blog....keep leaning on Him...it works !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, humility! It is a good thing! When we remember how desperately wicked in our hearts we are, we can then cling to His grace!

    Loved our conversation yesterday! It was good to talk and be open and honest. God is growing both of us! It just shows how much He still loves and cares for us when He reveals our ugliness. When we finally admit it, then He can change us!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Patti....you are not alone! It is so hard some days to face the "yuck" that crops up in my heart :( Crying out to God and confessing it is the only way to true peace. I want to keep seeing more of Him and less of me...that brings true JOY!! I hope you will keep sharing with us....God uses your words to touch hearts...even when you don't know it! I am so thankful for you and your honesty...love you :)

    ReplyDelete