Jul 19, 2010

The Treasure of the Greatness of our GOD


I began work on my next special music song this weekend …I am going to do it with Bethany, my oldest grandchild. It is a beautiful song with outstanding words…..it is my profile song so you can take a listen to it on my page or on Bethany’s.

I love to sing songs that have meaning to my life…and this one definitely does.
I trust as you listen to the words and learn the song that it will come to mean a lot to you as well. It starts out by saying

Give me eyes to see more of who You are
May what I behold still my anxious heart
Take what I have known and break it all apart
You my God are greater still

In seeing the true greatness of our God, the awesome wonder of his marvelous works, and His sovereignty ….we ought not to be worried or anxious for he is greater still.

Deut 5:24 Surely the LORD our God has shown us His glory and His greatness, and we have heard His voice from the midst of the fire. We have seen this day that God speaks with man;


Phil 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God


Psalm 119:18 Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law.


And no words could say
Or song convey all You are
the greatness of our God
I spend my life to know
And I'm far from close to all You are
The greatness of our God

I can search and study my whole life and it brings me closer to my Lord and Savior but the more I know of Him, the more I realize that I don’t know.

1 Cor 13:12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Deut 4:35 To you it was shown, that you might know that the LORD Himself is God; there is none other besides Him.

But there is one thing that I know and I know it without a doubt…that nothing can ever separate me from God’s love

And there is nothing that could ever separate us
There is nothing that could ever separate us from Your love
No life no death of this I am convinced
That You my God are greater still

Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,  nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

How marvelous is the Traceable Trustable Treasure of the Greatness of Our God

1 comment:

  1. I CANNOT wait!!!! Thanks for the beautiful thoughts- led me to worship our great God!

    ReplyDelete