Jul 31, 2010

The Treasure of the Love of Our God


If I sang the song., “The Love of God” once this week to my aunt then I sang it 4 or 5 times. It was one of the first things she ask for and the last as well. What a song to begin and end with!! It speaks such peace and assurance to my soul and it did to hers as well.. I remember George Beverly Shea singing it and Earl Smith singing it .

The love of God is greater far than tongue or pen could ever tell…it is measureless and strong….it will forever more endure….it is the saints and angels song….and it is our song as well.... When you think of someone who is 90 years old and has congestive heart failure and a cold on top of that….who drinks things lukewarm cause the ice has melted and she doesn’t want to bother someone to get more … who rings her buzzer and waits for 30 -45 minutes for someone to come and help her to straighten her covers and pillows.. or use the bathroom… or hand her something she can’t reach …It is hard to imagine that person even singing,  let alone singing about love….but then again it hard to imagine how she could exist without singing about the Love of God!   How could she exist without personally knowing the Love of God…. She is an example of faith—in action-- to me. Oh ,that those who come behind me will find me as faithful as I find her, my Aunt.
The scriptures listed here below talk about God’s love for us….and when we think about his great love, how can we help but sing his praise! I mean scripture says that if we don’t sing his praises that even the rocks will start to do it for us !! God gave His Son ….his erring child He reconciled….And pardoned from his sin...

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. – 1 John 4:9-11


For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16.

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands. - Deuteronomy 7:9


And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20


Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill
And every man a scribe by trade

To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole
Though stretched from sky to sky

Oh the treasure, the traceable, trustable treasure of the Love of Our God…. how measureless and strong… how faithful.... how tender and yet how great!










2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting Frederich Lehman's beautiful song, and for your timely comments as well. Today is the 142nd anniversary of Mr. Lehman's birth. If you'd like to know more about him and his song, I invite you to check out my blog, Wordwise Hymns, for today. God bless.

    ReplyDelete