Jan 25, 2010

TREASURES in the MORNING

There are some of us who consider ourselves to be morning people …..some of us say we are definitely not morning people…..So how do you tell if you are or not ???

Maybe you could ask yourself these questions when you wake up tomorrow…..What are your first thoughts when you open your eyes ? What is your mood or mindset ? What are your first words?

You know, whether we consider ourselves morning people or not, we miss out on some Traceable Trustable Treasures if we don’t avail ourselves of these morning hours with joy in the presence of our Lord. Even Jesus spent the very early hours of the day with his Father…
Mark 1:35... Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
God's faithfulness in on display every single day. Every new morning is a gift from God, and a sign of His eternal presence.

Psalm 5:3... In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
A verse that I love to sing as well as recite is
Lamentations 3:22-23... The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
God's faithfulness in on display every single day. Every new morning is a gift from God, and a sign of His eternal presence. Every new day brings new reasons to praise Him ! With each dawn, the wonders of creation and God's grace and love are evident anew. “weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.” Psalms 30:5

This does not mean that if you sleep in you will not experience God’s presence or His grace, mercy, and love. It only serves as a reminder; like Psalm 90:14…If we allow the Lord to “Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love” then “we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.”

Let me end with another set of verses which I love to recite in song…you will recognize them I am sure…but let me read them with you out of the Amplified version of the Bible and see if your heart isn’t as blessed by these words as mine was.

Psalm 5:1-3... Listen to my words, O Lord, give heed to my sighing and groaning. Hear the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for to You do I pray.
In the morning You hear my voice, O Lord; in the morning I prepare a prayer and a sacrifice for You; and watch and wait for You to speak to my heart.
Seek the Lord and his Traceable Trustable Treasures while they may be found, call on him while he is near.

7 comments:

  1. I know many times I give up a special treasure by caving into my flesh and sleeping in...we have so many examples from His word that show us how this is such a precious time of the day. And I have never been able to re-create that at another time of day because life is just too busy. The morning is a gift, not to be ignored!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps...cute graphic....very Patti-ish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find myself getting up earlier as I get older and I do enjoy immensely my time with the Lord....I don't always make it up in the mornings but I do treasure that "gift" when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. when I am up- I am blessed, every time. why do we choose to play in mud puddles instead of taking a holiday by the sea???? He is so rich, and we choose such POOR things besides Him....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea Mel...our human nature sure takes over and we loose so many blessings. I just pray that I see more and more the blessings I am giving up and choose more and more to be with Him by the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how I needed to hear this today, Patti. Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise the Lord for the words He whispers in my ear, to my heart, that flow out to you!

    ReplyDelete