Jan 31, 2010

Treasures in the Snow !

I was sitting at a scrapbooking crop on Saturday when the snow flurries began. You know, even if you say you don’t like snow.…you have to admit that it is beautiful when it is falling....in those first moments when it blankets the ground and covers the dirt ! God brought us snow yesterday, just like he brought us sun today….and both have their own beauty. Both have their own short comings. (Not a lot different from us!)

Now, if you read Evenings by the Sea, you know I love the beach and the warmth you find there. But, I think if we look, we might find a treasure….a traceable trustable treasure tucked away in that snow bank. Willing to bundle up and see where the Lord leads us….even if it is into the snow ?
*The picture is from our Maine vacation in December 2009 where we of course had snow.

Snow, is very often mentioned in the Bible as a descriptive word.… as in Psalm 51:7 "Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow."

Since we can visualize how white snow is, we can also visualize how clean we will be after the Lord washes our sins away.

Isaiah 1:18  "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."

How beautifully the Lord describing the process of whitening our scarlet sins to be snow white !When you think about what a miracle it takes to turn our filthy sins into white snow, you know that this verse Contains a tremendous treasure! Could this possibly be the answer to Job’s question in Job 38:22~~ Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow?

One of my favorite verses is  Isaiah 55:9-11
“ For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, but water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater: So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”
This verse talks about how the snow and rain come down from heaven and do not return but water the earth…just like God’s precious Word comes from Him , goes forth and does not return but does what the Lord has for it to do. So, the next time it snows, remember the Lord made the snow just like he made the sun and maybe you will also remember these treasures in the snow…. traceable trustable treasures in the snow~

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the whiteness of snow- so thankful for his cleansing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Mom. So comforting to know that I can be as clean as the snow. It is so pure and white. So bright and sparkling. When we are aware of our sin, we feel completely opposite. But isn't it wonderful to feel the forgiveness of the Lord and to be white as snow.

    ReplyDelete