Feb 4, 2010

Forgiven, Forgotten Treasures

I was thinking of a chorus we sang when we were in children’s SS…perhaps you remember it as well ! It goes "Gone, Gone, Gone, Gone, Yes, my sins are gone. Now my soul is free and in my heart 's a song, buried in the deepest sea. Yes, that's good enough for me. Now I'll live eternally, praise God, my sins are G-O-N-E, Gone!!!"

What a wonderful treasure, what a wonderful promise !! To know that when our sins are forgiven , they are buried in the Sea of Forgetfulness….and God has a “no fishing allowed” sign posted there.


For as high as the heavens are above the earth,so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:11-12
God’s word is faithful and true; and His Word says He will be merciful and remember our sins no more.  Once we have confessed our sins, He forgives them completely. And in Christ we are new creatures so God sees us only through the shed blood of His precious son Jesus Christ.

It isn’t the Holy Spirit that reminds us of our past sins, it is Satan, and he delights in getting out our fishing pole and handing it to us. But God’s forgiveness is perfect and when He says he will remember our sins no more! He means it !
…Even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. Isa 43:25


For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. Heb 8:12
He will cast our sins into the sea, not near the shore-side, where they may be washed on shore again, but into the depth of the sea, never to rise again.


Micah 7:19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea
Don't try fishing where God has told you not too ! And be thankful for those
Traceable, Trustable, Forgiven & Forgotten Treasures.Linked to the this blog is Casting Crowns "East to the West" Enjoy listening to it and remember your sins have been cast into the depth of the sea .
.

4 comments:

  1. So thankful for an advocate and that promise. He is soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgiveness was the topic of our devotion last night in Explorers!! The girls looked for verses that applied and we were "swimming and soaking in" God's perfect words!!! It was such an encouraging discussion with them....and now this morning I get encouraged a little more :) Thanks Patti!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy ...Just in case you check back ! I got inspired by the word Forgive as Amanda copied her papers when she needed the extras (I was leaving but came with her to make sure the room got relocked since I opened it) God's timing ! On the way home the whole thing just kept going....So I knewI needed to write and hear this one myself.
    Yes Mel our God is sooo good !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that I inspired you! I had a great time talking about forgiveness with the Explorers last night. It's crazy to think about how often we fail to forgive others and forget what they have done to us when Jesus forgives everything we confess and takes it completely out of his memory!

    ReplyDelete